Essential training for everyone involved in emergency management. This course will be valuable for all staff and volunteers of Civil Defence Emergency Management Groups or National Emergency Management Agency. Ensuring children are safeguarded from abuse and neglect during an emergency and that their unique needs are incorporated into civil defence emergency planning. Evidence shows that emergency management plans need to be more child-focussed and address the specific risks to children.
What will I learn?
- Understand children’s unique vulnerabilities and how to minimise harm.
- Instill confidence to identify vulnerable children and families.
- Increase ability to recognise indicators of abuse in both children and adults.
- Provide guidance for steps to take when concerns are raised.
- Give an understanding of the options available for helping a child including legislation which supports you to do this.
- Help you develop a plan which includes the necessary safeguards to address the risks to children in an emergency setting.
Who is this course for?
Staff and Volunteers of Civil Defence Emergency Management Groups and National Emergency Management Agency
Format: PowerPoint presentation with group work activities and discussion
Delivery: Webinar (virtual) or Seminar (face to face)
Duration: Webinar 2.5 hours, Seminar 3.5 hours (both with short break and Q&A’s included)
Certificate: Certificate issued via email upon completion of course
Contact us for a price for your organisation.
For a printable copy of course information click here.
“Very well researched, engaging conversation, good focus on Emergency Management applications.”
“The information was very relevant to an emergency situation that could happen at any time.”