Why do we need child-safe organisations? Child abuse has a significant impact on children’s health and wellbeing now and in the future. It can impact every aspect of their lives, including their mental health, happiness, employment, education achievement, relations and parenting. We all have a duty of care to do the best we can to safeguard children and young people from harm and abuse. All organisations working with children and young people must take steps to prevent abuse and recognise and respond swiftly to intervene early to minimise harm.
What will I learn?
- What is a child-safe organisation?
- The elements required for a child-safe organisation.
- What systems and processes assist in preventing abuse and neglect from occurring within your organisation.
- The vital role that a Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy play in keeping children safe.
- Understanding and navigating the challenges which may impede helping a child.
- Relevant legislation and guidance established to protect children.
- Practical application.
Who is this course for?
This course is for all organisations who work with children and young people. Such as centre managers, managers, CEO’s and committees.
Format: PowerPoint presentation with small group work activities and discussion
Delivery: Webinar (virtual) or Seminar (face to face)
Duration: 2 hours (with short break and Q&A’s included)
Certificate: Certificate issued via email upon completion of course
Price: Contact us for a price for your organisation