This FREE webinar will introduce you to the essential elements of a child-safe organisation, and the steps organisations can take to make their place, safer for children. The webinar will point you to the development work your organisation needs to complete to move forward on this journey.
What will I learn?
- Identifying the core components and elements that embed a safeguarding culture:
– Defining safeguarding and child protection within professional roles
– Learning how unsuitable personnel may target organisations
– Risk mitigation
– Exploring staff safety, reducing risks of allegations against staff
- What makes a good child protection policy and procedures and how these need to be understood by staff, volunteers, children and young people, and adhered to in every situation.
- How to produce a safeguarding code of conduct.
- Safe ways of working.
- Safer recruitment of staff and volunteers.
- How to work together with children, young people, parents, carers, the community and other organisations to promote the safety and wellbeing of children and young people.
Who is this course for?
All organisations working directly or indirectly with children/young people. Whether your safeguarding journey is just starting, part way or near completion.
DURATION: 30 minutes