Our Annual Summary 2022 is out now and we are excited to share with you what we have been up to this year.
Some of our key achievements are listed below:
- A Request for Proposal (RFP) to be an approved provider for Strengthening Early Learning Opportunities (SELO) was successful, meaning we are now a recognised supplier for assisting early learning services with meeting the Ministry of Education’s licensing requirements.
- Provided advice and supported Ginny Anderson’s (MP) effort to progress change in the Crimes (Child Exploitation Offences) Amendment Bill to better address the crime of grooming children.
- Contributed to 2 select committees on Whistle Blowing and Grooming legislation.
- Submitted evidence as an expert witness in the Royal Commission of Inquiry into Abuse in Care.
- Promoted Child Safeguarding Week – September 2022. Focussing on Child Safe Organisations, making sure the places children go are safe.
- Through our strong working relationship with Empowerment Trust, we were able to recruit 2 new facilitators to deliver safeguarding and child protection training in Christchurch and Auckland. Extending our education reach to better help children.